SmartHook - secure art hanging system
SmartHook is excellent for the fast, secure hanging and security of paintings. It combines a strong hanging system (max 20kg) and alarm in one. Screw SmartHook into the wall, hang the painting as for a normal picture hook, pull the tag to activate the painting alarm and the painting security system is armed. (Optional clips provide extra security).
Inexpensive, discrete, flexible, easy in use, reliable picture alarm. An extra addition to the security of auction houses, hotels, restaurants and art (for sale) in . Simple to deactivate (with the tag) and then take off the painting to change batteries (annually) or sell the artwork. Loud siren continues until deactivated.
Pack Contents: Standard SmartHook, 2 x AAA 1.5v batteries and activation tag / cord
+ option 5m of #3 picture wire
Colour: Off - White
Function: Art hanging device (use in conjunction with other picture hooks for heavy paintings) and Alarm activated if attempt made to grab and lift painting. Responds to change in weight.
Size: 8.0cm * 10.0cm( high) * 1.5cm( thick)
Loudness: 115 dB at 30cm, one year warranty.
Views of SmartHook, front, side on just 15mm thick and back. Far right shows SmartHook behind a frame, wire / cord rests on top and clips added to give extra strength
Price: 1 x SmartHook, including 2 x AAA 1.5v batteries GBP75.00 (+ delivery + VAT)
(Picture wire at GBP1.50 per metre + VAT)
Installation: Determine the wall type. If the walls are hollow gypsum or plaster or masonry use appropriate rawplugs, for wooden walls screw in direct. The screws should be 2" (never use a nail).
Determine the weight of the Art. If it is more than 10kg refer to hints and tips below (item 3) for other hanging options.
1. Insert the tag and pull cord. Insert the batteries. Pull the cord to check it works (wear ear protection when you do this). Reinsert the cord.
2. After drilling the hole and inserting rawplug if appropriate, insert the screw through the SmartHook and tighten by hand. Ensure it is vertical.
3. Hang the picture (using #3 or 4 braided wire) and ensure it is resting in the slot. Install the wire capture clips to give better strength against a theft attempt. (Hold the picture away from the wall as you attach each clip)
4. Once the art is balanced and level, gently pull the cord. The SmartHook is now active.
5. Pull the bottom of the frame out (keep tension on the hanger) and re-insert the pull cord. Remove the capture clips and lift the picture (towards the back and up).
1. Once activated put the pull tag somewhere safe but where you will find it.
2. For heavier art a combination of traditional hanging can be combined with SmartHook see below:
4. For wider pictures you might consider the following combination see below:
Home | Top of Page | Terms and Conditions| Privacy Statement |
Entire Site © Euronova Ltd, 3 Hartington Park, Bristol BS6 7ES, UK Tel. 44 (0) 1179 442 061
(Registered Office: The Clock Tower, 5 Farleigh Court, Old Weston Road, Flax Bourton, Bristol BS48 1UR England: 036 26691)
Please note that Euronova cannot accept liability for any harm, damage, losses to persons or objects protected by its products.See Terms and Conditions for more details